11.12.2006


ah, another weekend of slaving away outside and inside of Stately Sad Old Goth Manor. Saturday was beautiful, so I spent the entire day raking the last of the leaves, mowed the grounds, put away the outdoor furniture, cleaned out the rest of the gardens. The grounds look great, except for the gaping round hole in the East side of the property, where the pool used to be. At this point I'm going to have to wait until Spring to do the fill work and plant new grass. Maybe I'll spend the winter trying to convince Mrs. SOG that it would be the perfect place for a nice, round Victorian style garden. There's always hope...
Today I finished repainting the kitchen cabinets. Tomorrow night I'll rehang the doors, put the drawers back in, reinstall the hardware and it will be all nice and clean for turkey day. Of course, I'll probably pour a pan full of turkey grease down the front of them again, like I did the first year we had Thanksgiving after I remodeled the kitchen.

Other than that, the weekend was uneventful. Tomorrow starts my yearly frenzy of internet buying of Christmas gifts. I haven't stepped foot into a store for a Christmas gift in years. I love the modern world.

Have a wonderful evening, my fellow wanderers, and a great week ahead.
Fare thee well.

wander with me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home