12.24.2006

I think it's Christmas Eve...

you'd never know it by the weather. Except for the decorations and bustling about, you'd wouldn't know it's the Yule... It's about fifty seven right now and I just finished washing the outside of the windows in the dining hall, parlor and front entry. I also have most of the windows open in the Manor, airing it out. This is great for the travelers and the last minute shoppers, I guess, but it's not like when I was a kid. It was almost always cold this time of year, and sometimes there were at least flurries or even a good dusting of snow for Christmas Eve and Day. I remember people showing up all bundled against the brisk weather where ever they went, all busked cheeks and halos of their warm breath hovering around their heads, like so many Christmas Saints on last minute journeys. Oh, well. At least I'm saving on coal and fuel oil.

Anyway, the rest of the day is going to be busy, last minute cleaning and some baking and then later tonight, a movie with the girls. I hope you and your kith and kin enjoy this wonderful time. It's a good time to go out a-wandering to see old friends and family. Safe travels and fare thee well.

wander with me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home