3.25.2007

it's Emeril LaGothy..!

You know, I really like to cook. It's always a challenge to take something that you've eaten many times before and put a new twist on it, so it's not the same old thing, over and over and over. To that end, I've been exploring the world of marinades. I've tried some I've found in my library of cookbooks, or read in magazines, but sometimes you just have a particular blend of tastes in mind, so I tried one "freehand" tonight;

Grilled Portobello Mushroom Caps over yellow rice with fresh peas.



For a marinade, I mixed one cup of pineapple juice, a half cup of olive oil, a half cup of raspberry balsamic vinegar, added about a half teaspoon of dried peppers and some freshly ground white and black pepper. I let the caps sit in the fridge soaking it up for about three hours.
Heated up Grillzilla, set the rice to cooking and the peas steaming and grilled the caps for about ten minutes on each side. Served them over a bed of the rice and peas, with a side of grape tomatoes and mozzarella cheese, drizzled with olive oil, fresh basil and some salt.
The fruity flavors really went well with the meaty flavor and texture of the mushrooms, offset by the saltiness of the yellow rice and the pungent peas.

If you try it, let me know what you think!

Gotta go take care of my laundry, and put together my lunches for the week. I'll be back a little later to post another Love Story For Sunday.
Later.

wander with me...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home