11.03.2007

oh, hai agin...

i guess you noticed that Ceiling Cat is gracing the top of the blog these days, huh? if you're familiar with lolcats, you know who that is, i guess. if not, spend some time here... along with the funny photos and captions, there's also a project on wikipedia, the lolcat translation of the bible... "Welcom to Teh Holiez Bibul"

now, those of you who know me know that i'm not a Christian, although i follow many of the Christian lessons in my life and, along with other religious texts, find great beauty, joy and wonder in the Christian Bible. one of my very favorite and inspriring passages is Psalm 23, which, when disected line by line and given some thought, does, in my very humble opinion, sum up the Christian belief. i think that if i was asked what the whole concept of Christianity distilled down to, it would be Psalm 23. and, being a lolcat fan, i find the lolcat translation of that tract to be most inspiring and beautiful as well...

The Lolcat Translayshun of teh Psalm 23... let me show you it -

1 Ceiling Cat iz mai sheprd (which is funni if u knowz teh joek about herdin catz LOL.)
He givz me evrithin I need.

2 He taekz me to teh sunni spot
an haz liek nice waterz r ovar thar.

3 He makez mai soul happi
an maeks sure I go teh riet wai for him. Liek thru teh cat flap insted of out teh opin windo LOL.

4 I iz in teh valli of deth, fearin no evilz,
bcz Ceiling Cat iz besied me pokin me wif hiz stix an it maek me so kumfy.

5 He letz me sit at teh taebl evn when peepl who duzint liek me iz watchn.
He givz me a flea baff an so much milk it runz out of mai bowl LOL.

6 Niec things an luck wil chase me evrydai
an I wil liv in teh Ceiling Cats houz forevr.


i hope that doesn't offend, that is not my intent. i just think it's as beautiful a thing as the actual reading. i hope you do, too.

ok, my arm is about to fall off right now, so i'm going to go get liquored up and lay on the ice and watch the Sixer's game.
wander with your eyes and mind open, my friends... beauty and inspiration can be found in the most unlikely places...
peace.

wander with me...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home