1.05.2008

Merry Twelfth Night..!

Although the revelry of past years seems to have gone by the wayside, it is still a special night for me. I'll drink my spiced ale and have a small fire, then, although it's in the face of tempting bad luck, tomorrow I'll take down the Christmas decorations. When I was a child, my parents would always leave the tree for last, my mother would tell me they were taking down the tree and putting in it's place the empty corner to celebrate the rest of the year. I hope this coming year does have some causes for celebration, time will tell, eh?
In other news, I spent a good part of the day cleaning up the grounds of Stately Sad Old Goth Manor, you couldn't walk anywhere without tripping over twigs and limbs brought down by the recent windy weather. It was in the forties, with some sun, so it was a pleasant task and the property looks pretty good and it will save some work in the spring. I champ at the bit to be outside working on the grounds this time of year and take every opportunity to do so. The weather tomorrow is going to be fair as well, so maybe I can sneak outside for a while and trim some of the shrubs and start tidying up the back woods a bit. I need to stay on top of it, this year is going to be busy; we're putting in a huge patio area outside the kitchen door, remodeling our parlor and I still have to do some work on the chimneys and rebuild the trough gutters on the front of the house. And, if I can keep from having to use the funds I've been setting aside, I plan on at least getting the shell of my workshop up this year. Oh, and the new evergreens across the front of the property and down the west side, which will give us some much needed privacy from the ever increasing traffic and help keep the dust and noise at bay.
Well, I'm going to go take a shower and relax for a bit. Enjoy your evening. We'll wander together again soon, ok?
Fare thee well, my friends.

wander with me...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home