4.26.2008

There, and back again...

and, strangely, in-between...



Well, it looks like the deal is sealed, Guillermo del Toro will direct "The Hobbit", with Peter Jackson as executive producer. No news on casting yet, but I'm sure that now the floodgates will open with speculation and rumor. While I'm very, very happy that all the legal crap has been overcome and filming will probably start next year, I'm worried about what is being touted as "the sequel"... Apparently the first film will be based upon the book, but will be followed up with an entirely contrived story about the sixty year gap between the end of "The Hobbit" and "The Fellowship of the Ring". I hope this is not a mistake. On one hand, I'm enthused... If I had my life to relive in some other place and time, it would be in Middle Earth, so the more, the merrier. I just hope it lives up to Tolkien's imagination and it's not just a two or three hour commercial for more LOTR merch. Time will tell, I guess.
Well, my sorry ass is dragging. I finished the front beds for the new hedging today, after mowing most of the grounds, fixing the latching mechanism on the tail gate of my truck, running to the post office, taking the recycling stuff to the dump and a few other errands. I'm going to make a home made pizza tonight, suck down a few jars of stout and watch b-ball all night with Mrs. SOG. I might sneak in a pipe or two of Longbottom Leaf or Old Toby somewhere in there, too.
Have a wonderful Saturday night, my fellow wanderers...



wander with me...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home