7.11.2008

well...

the July 4th weekend break is over, extended through the last week as it was... time to get back to it. We had to move most of the stuff back into the living room so there was room for people last weekend, although most folks hung outside, enjoying the warm weather, spotty sun and occasional light shower, it was a nice time, lots of food, friends, family, fireworks and a nice fire to end the evening. I've been using the excuse of needing some time off to recoup from my labors and the party, but Mrs. SOG is on to me, I think, so it's back to the living room grind starting tomorrow. I have to do the second coat of spackling on everything and start attaching the furring strips to the top of the ceiling beams where the upstairs flooring is, so I can put strips of 1/4" sheetrock between them, which will help insulate the room a bit more and kill some of the sound transmission into and from the rooms above. It should be an interesting facet of this project, none of the beams are straight, square or equally spaced. I'll have before and after pictures of that as well. Tonight, I'm playing bachelor. Mrs. SOG went to a wedding in Connecticut, but I bailed out so it's one more night of laziness, some Dewar's on the rocks, a nice fire outside and maybe some television. I have to say the new 37" HD set pretty much rocks. Can't wait to get it hung on the finished wall and install the sound system and ambient lighting in the room. Ambient lighting, you say? Yeah, like I said, we make things up as we go along, so I'm going to be installing some low voltage, up-shining amber color deck lighting fixtures in the corners of the room, at floor level, just for effect. I generally hate direct lighting, we both do, actually, that's why it's always so dark around here, but this should give a pleasing effect, especially when entertaining and watching movies on the new box. I'm going to run some tests first before I go through the hassle of running the wires permanently, so we'll see if it really does happen or if, like a lot of things, was steeped in too much of the grape...
Have a wonderful evening, my fellow wanderers...

wander with me...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home