2.28.2009

So much...

for the diet and quitting smoking...
I was doing great until last night. When I got home, my youngest daughter and her fiance were visiting and decided to stay for dinner. Then they decided to go get some beer. Then me, Mrs. SOG, daughter number two and the beau sat up until well past three this morning, getting tanked and playing Scrabble, punctuated by cigarette breaks at the picnic table in the back yard. And you know what? It was one of the best times I've had in a while. I think I needed a spur of the moment thing like that, even if I did fall off the wagon for one night. I'll go back on the diet again tomorrow, there's a few beers left over and I'm in the mood to make myself a cheese steak sandwich tonight while the Mrs. is out at her high school's basketball game. I'm going to plop my weary old ass in the recliner, suck on a few more brews, eat my sandwich and watch some Saturday night NASCAR... might even let out with a "yee-ha!" or two. Maybe I'll clean and lubricate my black powder revolvers while I'm at it. And peruse the seed catalogs, I should have already placed an order. The ever increasing daily change in the angle of the sun has my green thumb throbbing, I can't wait to get outside and play in the soil.
Hope you have a wonderful evening, my fellow wanderers...
Here's something for your Saturday night, whatever it may be.


Standalone player



Touch me...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home