9.04.2003

grrrrrrrrrrrrr...

let's see, where should I start? Firstly, every muscle in my body is revolting against my going back into weight training, trying to punish me for laying off all summer. Believe me, I'm not into body building, just trying to stay in some sort of reasonable shape and it takes a lot longer to get your body back into something like this than it takes to get into not doing it. Did that make sense? Oh, well. My arms are shaking from typing... how pathetic is that???
Secondly, I'm three days into the no tobacco, no caffine thing. I haven't had any serious withdrawal symptoms yet, and haven't pulled a flip out on anyone yet, so I guess it's going ok. Only about seven weeks to my birthday, so I think I can hold off until then. Maybe. Maybe not.
Thirdly, I'm back on my strict high protein, low carb, very low fat diet. I eat all day, drink quarts of water and have lost almost ten pounds in three days. It's not for everyone, but it works for me. It really kicks into high gear after about a week or so, especially when combined with regular exercise. It's amazing how clear it makes your head. Maybe it's all the endorphines my brain is flooding itself with to compensate for all the muscle pain. Either way, it certainly is an interesting high...

New links in the sidebar: the first is in the "muzik..." section, for Magnatune.com. Check it out. Lot's of very cool classical, trance, new age, etc., available only over the internet as downloadable mp3 or wave files. You have to purchase their stuff, but 50% of the purchase price goes directly to the artist. You can even tell them how much you want to pay. If you have access to a Mac *sigh* and itunes, check their offering out there for free.
The second link is in the "beyond reality..." section, for BoingBoing.net. There's always something interesting for everyone at BoingBoing.

Well, that's about it for now. Sorry, nothing witty or deep tonight... but you won't have to wait too long, I can feel the seasonal depression starting to creep in every now and then...

Be well, peace, drop a buck or two at Magnatune...
later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home