2.17.2004

what am I listening to..?
snot gurgling down my throat...


sorry...

that was pretty fucking graphic, wasn't it..? Well, guess what..? I really don't give a flying one...
I am so fucking sick I can't believe it... I haven't slept since Sunday night. I sat up all Monday night with mucus running down my throat and hacking my brains out, which is pretty much what I spent the day doing. I stayed home from work, thinking I would sleep my way out of it, but all I did was manage to doze off for about fifteen minutes. I feel like crap. My throat is killing me, my head is pounding and my skin feels like a wet blanket stretched across a bad dream. My eyes feel like the cat pissed in them and even my hair hurts... damn. I couldn't even go the the basketball game tonight. First one I've missed all season.
This blows. I've been taking over the counter drugs all day trying to dry my sinuses out so I can sleep tonight, but to no avail. I think I'll have a glass of wine, maybe that will kick start them. Or at least help me sleep. I really don't want to take another day off work. I go nuts staying home, even when I'm sick.
I watched four DVD's today: House on Haunted Hill and The Last Man on Earth, both starring Vincent Price; 1984 starring John Hurt and Richard Burton; and, one of my manic favorites, Requiem for a Dream with Ellen Burstyn, Jared Leto, Marlon Wayans and uber hottie Jennifer Connelly... not exactly a movie I would recommend for someone in the throws of fever delerium, but, hey, what the hell.
Hey, thanks to everyone visiting the Children of The Night Cafe on-line experience, we're really racking up some hits! Got a nice notice and link on the Creepy Classics home page!
I can't believe that I'm even sitting here typing this, I'm so spaced out from the drugs and no sleep... maybe I should stay up more often, huh?
Oh, Raven, welcome back from the void! I agree with your comment one hundred percent, but I have to say that, it's been my experience that being an old goth is, I think, a little more accepted by the younger crowd than most people would think. I was always a little leary about going out to the clubs in full regalia, thinking I would be pretty embarrassed and ending up skulking in the dark corners, but the younger goth kidz are pretty receptive. They almost treat me with a little respect! Go figure! I've hung around with the skaters, the hard-core bunch and the emo crowd and they are all prissy little fuckers... they don't like to see someone my age having the same kind of fun they are, but the goth kidz are pretty open minded. Actually, the goth kidz are always the most polite, well spoken and intelligent of the lot. The Bloodhound and I worked security at last year's Monster Mania Con and the place was crawing with the dark kidz. They were always the ones that said "Excuse me...", "Please...", "Thank you..." when they asked us questions about the Con, it was the Day Walkers that were the obnoxious lot. Nuff said about that...
Well, I'm going to go try to crash whilst listening to the game on the wireless... If I can't sleep I'll be back...
later



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home