5.20.2004

i'm so confused...

I hope that before I drop dead that I can figure out the American psyche. I really don't get it. Some terrorist bastards hijack some planes, crash them into some buildings, killing thousands of innocent people and what happens? We form a committee to investigate why and how Americans are at fault. The government is at fault. The military is at fault. The New York City Police and Fire Departments are at fault. I guess it's my fault, too. And yours... don't think you're getting off easy. We've become a society of self blame. We're too "civilized" to point a finger at those who committed the deed and blame them, we would rather blame ourselves. Speaking figuratively, of course, as I don't hold my self responsible in any way, shape or form for what those maniacs did. Nor do I hold anyone I know to any responsibility, either. Or the government, although I hope this was a bit of a wake up call...
I don't remember reading anything about President Roosevelt blaming America for the attack on Pearl Harbor. He put things in motion to kick the ass of those responsible. He challenged the nation to dedicate itself to setting things right. And we did. And we're trying to now. I don't agree with some of the things that are going on in Iraq, but then again, I'm nice and safe and sound over here, sitting at my computer, exercising my freedom of speech. I'm not five thousand miles from home, sweating my balls off in a hostile environment, where I can't tell friend from foe. Given the same circumstances, I might react in the same way. You might, too. I guess what I'm getting at is, don't let the idiots who think they're running the show influence how you feel about what's going on in the world. Think for yourself. If you don't agree with what they say, let them know. If you do agree, voice your opinion on that as well. Just make sure you speak with your own voice, don't let them speak for you.
And beware of false prophets. And darkness...

pearls before swine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home