6.05.2004

let it rain...

life in a bag... i reach into it and pull out...
nothing special. and that's fine with me...
we went to the movies this afternoon to see The Day After Tomorrow. Great sfx. Sappy story. Gross leftist/radical-enviromentalist overtones. Luckily, Dennis Quaid was able to rise above that and put another good acting job under his belt. I really like him as an actor. I really enjoyed him in Enemy Mine and Frequency. Highly underrated talent. He could have pulled off Harrison Ford's role in the Raider's trilogy, in my opinion. I wonder if he was offered the role?
On a lighter note, I have the better part of a bottle of Frey red table wine in me, so pardon me if I wander a bit. Sometimes I forget to take advantage of what this blog is really for, sometimes I try to get a bit too profound. I am not a profound person. I'm pretty much just a regular guy. I just happen to have long hair, wear black, odd clothes and wear black fingernail polish (as occasion warrants) and have a slightly dark and definitly tilted perspective on things. I spent most of the day running stupid errands, designing a new tin ceiling layout for our kitchen and watching an Addams Family marathon on TV Land. I took Sheba, the Hound from Heck for a walk. I chased the ever burgeoning family of wild rabbits out of the garden. I worried about what my daughters were doing and if they were ok. I paid some bills. I cleaned Tiger the Cat's litter box. I worried about my wife driving to and from her high school's graduation in the rain. I looked at myself in the mirror and realized that I'm getting old, which is ok. I don't mind taking stock of that once in a while. I live a good life. I appreciate everything and everyone around me. I don't mind staring mortality in the face once in a while, it's a good thing to do... it concentrates the mind. I drank alot of coffee. Smoked a cigar. I looked in the refrigerator fifteen or twenty times to see if there was anything interesting to eat, or is something magically appeared since the last time I looked... nothing did.
Went to the movies with Cathy after she got home. Spent most of the movie looking at her out of the side of my eye, thinking about how beautiful she is. Remembered that the first movie we went to see together was A Clockwork Orange. Came home, cracked this bottle of wine and here I am. It's cold and dreary outside. It feels more like October than June. I like October. I was born in October. Maybe when I die, it will be in October. It's a good time of year to begin and end things. Sort of halfway between the end of the current year and beginning of the new year.
I'm going to take a short break, go pee, pour some more wine and smoke a cigarette... I'll be back later.



pearls before swine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home