7.23.2004

look out, Moby Dick..!

for some reason, there are people out there who think they have not only the right, but the necessity, of sticking harpoons into the gentle giants of the sea.

I can't, for the life of me, imagine just what you can get from a whale that hasn't been replaced by more easily obtainable materials. Whale oil lamps, while romantic, just don't make sense. I haven't seen whale on a menu anywhere in any eateries I've visited. And, while I know a few goth ladies who just love corsets, they're more inclined to wear pvc or leather, with plastic stays, rather than those with whalebone stays. It can't be just for sport. I just don't get it. Leave them alone. I'm sure there are other things more worthy of harpooning...
pearls before swine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home