9.19.2004

finally...

the tin ceiling in the kitchen is finished. I put up the last piece of cornice work at 1:30 AM Saturday... nothing like being wired on coffee and fooling around with tin snips. I painted all the nailheads and still have some caulking to do on the obvious joints, but for all intents and purposes, I can now move on to the next part of the endless kitchen remodeling project... the pump room door. It's an original door, with the civil war era lock box and hinges on it and is in wonderful condition. All it needs is to be stripped and repainted. After that I will put up the new tin backsplash, then on to the floor and counter tops. I think I should be able to get it done before Thanksgiving...
Right now, I'm having a Guinness draft and enjoying the aroma of catfish on the grill wafting in through the window. Dinner Menu at Stately Sad Old Goth Manor tonight: Catfish, mixed green salad, marinated grape tomatoes with mozzarella and TATER TOTS! I love TATER TOTS!
Also this week is the Autumnal Equinox celebration! If there's anything I enjoy more that Tater Tots, it's a good Equinox celebration...
Time to eat! The siren call of the TATER TOTS has hold of me! Can't resist...
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
pearls before swine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home