10.04.2004

mortality...

once again rears it's head...
Janet Leigh, the original scream queen, passed away today.

(photo from IMDB.com)
Psycho still scares the living crap out of me. Anyone who's had the pleasure of ascending the center staircase of Stately Sad Old Goth Manor in the dark will know why...

The Professor, Scott Muni, a favorite dj of the classic New York rock scene passed away the end of last week from complications of a stroke.

(photo of Scott interviewing John Lennon from ScottMuni.com)
When I was a little goth to be at the age of 13, I discovered FM radio (in 1967) and Scott Muni was one of the dj's on WNEW-FM New York, the first east coast station to play the album format. It was so astounding to find out that there were songs out there that were more than two minutes, thirty seconds long and not sandwiched between endless, ridiculous commercials, and there were dj's who weren't screaming maniacs, but who were more like tour-guides on a wonderful, musical adventure. I don't think I can ever explain how enlightened I felt, having my ears and my mind opened by what these guys were doing on the radio.
Thanks, Professor. You did something for me that I could never repay... you helped make me what and who I am today.
Farewell transmission...

pearls before swine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home