11.17.2004

YEA!...

the kitchen flooring is finished! Well, with the exception of a few odd pieces under some doors and a few pieces of trim, but in time, in time. Now I can finally start cleaning up the rest of the house, all the crap from the kitchen is spread throughout the dining room and parlor. I'm done with remodeling until after Thanksgiving. I'll be spending the weekend tidying up the grounds, which have been horribly neglected; the gardens need to be cleaned out of all the dead and dying plants, the dead vines need to be pulled down from the trellis (although the do impart a distinctly Gothic look to the back of the house...), the shrubs need pruning and the storm windows need to be attended to. It never ends, but you know, I love it.
I am so looking forward to Turkey Day. There's nothing like the smell of the house on Thanksgiving and there's nothing like sitting down with kith and kin to enjoy the feast. And when you do, please remember to give thanks to the brave men and women of our armed services who will be spending the day in harm's way. They and so many before them are the reason we can sit down and enjoy ourselves in peace not only on Thanksgiving Day, but every day.
Well, I'm beat. It's time for a little snack and then off to the Land of Nod.
I bid you good 'eve.
pearls before swine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home