1.11.2005

I am...

a drunken man...
Nothing like half a bottle of wine on an empty gut. I guess a Tuesday night is as good a night as any to get a bag on, what? What are you up to tonight?
I'm sitting here blogging, drinking wine, eating a killer salad and listening to King Crimson's "The ConstruKCtion of Light" CD. There's freezing rain beating against the windows of the manor, I'm surrounded by candlelight, Sheba the Hound from Heck and Tiger the Cat are curled up together before the fire and all is (almost) right with the world. The Mrs. is in the kitchen, listening to a basketball game on the wireless. My computer is behaving, for some odd reason. My motor skills are still good enough to type without using the backspace key too much. I'm loving life. Ah, shall I wax nostalgic? Nah, why bore you with snippets of past loves and lives... how about the now? Sorry, nothing much interesting there, either. How about a list? Yeah, a list. Of things that I want to do before I go four-up... Let's see, where to begin...
1.
2.
3.
4.
Oh, fuck it. I can't think of anything worthwhile, nor anything that could possibly happen. How about a list of things that I wish I could do before the big dirt nap, no matter how impossible they might be? Hang on, here we go...
1. Have dinner with Charles Dickens, Marilyn Manson, Ayn Rand, Richard Brautigan, Kate Bush, Robert Fripp, David Bowie, Brian Eno, Bryan Ferry, J.R.R. Tolkien, J.K. Rowling, Sandy Denny and Jesus Christ. (and have someone other than me pick up the tab...)
2. Have a Sunday afternoon picnic in an ancient cemetery with Alfred Hitchcock and Jerome K. Jerome.
3. Be a real pirate. Parrot optional...
4. Invent something useful without desire for profit or personal gain.
5. Ride my deceased '57 panhead chopper just one more time...
6. Know what the fuck I'm doing. Just once.
7. Take back the one really shitty thing I've ever done in my life. Sorry, V.
8. Forget that there really isn't a Santa Claus.
9. Learn to play the ukalele. (that might happen, stand by...)
10. Have a cup of coffee and a cigarette with my dad, while watching a Jerry Lewis movie.
11. Grow up.


fuck. now I have a headache and I'm thinking too much. Wine, salad, King Crimson and blogging have all finished at the same, exact moment. There's a sign for you..
'night.


pearls before swine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home