1.24.2005

Johnny Carson...


What sort of tribute can you give a person like him? Everything that can be said about him, has been said already. The Tonight Show was something that became part of your life and Johnny was someone that was invited into your home like a friend, not a guest. I didn't watch the show to see who was on, I watched the show to see Johnny. From the first time I saw him when I was about ten years old, when my father would let me stay up late on Friday night to watch the show with him, to my teens, when The Tonight Show and Johnny were great company for those long, sleepless nights, on into adulthood, when his humor and person took on an even greater depth, when there was nothing to do at 11:00 at night, there was always Carson.
I feel very privileged to have seen him in his time.
pearls before swine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home