2.25.2005

this used to be fun...

I don't know what happened. I've been thinking about bloggy stuff for a few days now after reading a post on Erin's outstanding SweetandSourGoth bloggy thingy. Got me wondering about how and where this started, where it's been and where it's headed. Also, and most importantly, for whom do I sit here and wring words out of the stone that is my mind sometimes? It ain't easy, you know, especially when you loose direction. When it comes to this blog I think that, to paraphrase that great American philosopher, Yoggi Berra, "I came to a fork in the road and I took it..."
Several times. I think I started out in the true spirit of what a weblog was intended to be, which is a diary, a newsletter, a swinging door on my everyday life, take it as it comes, nothing promised, nothing proffered, but I think I got caught up in trying to say not just things that were on my mind, but things that might be fun to drop on the unexpecting minds of others... thinly veiled attempts at wit and humor, sometimes even venturing into the dreaded realms of satire, but everything seemed to turn cynical, which, in spite of what I think, I'm probably not too good at. I dabbled in politics, but that turned out to be just a way to rub the cat the wrong way, I guess I was lucky the cat didn't turn around and claw the shit out of me... I have, over the years, posted some of my poetry, some of my short stories and little snippets of a life that I lived long ago and far away. I guess they were a good read, no one trashed them, anyway. I think what I'm trying to do here is decide whether or not I want to keep this particular effort going, or perhaps make a drastic change in content, or maybe neither, I don't know. This has become a very public place and it's hard to be honest and sincere sometimes. I find myself thinking how this reader or that reader might react to what I'm writing, rather than just hanging it out there and letting it flap in the wind for what it's worth and moving on to the next bit of lunacy. Shit... I have no idea what to do...
I'm going to go sit in the dark, listen to my new Sneaker Pimps CD and drink some coffee and get a good brooding session on...
Gimme some ideas, people. Hell, you read this fucking thing, I only write it...

pearls before swine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home