3.05.2005

good grief...

I am in pain. I tried to roller skate today. I managed to make it around the rink once without falling on my ass and immediatly got a cramp in my left calf. I am so out of shape it's not funny. And, roller skating is most definitly not the same as ice skating, which I can do with great ease and grace. I think some lessons are in order and I really, really need to start stretching and working out again. I must stop being so lazy.
Tiger the cat is hanging out with me, she's sitting on the computer table watching me type and head-butting my arm. I think she's feeling old, too. I really don't remember exactly how old she is, but she's at least thirteen or so. Starting to get a bit scruffy around the edges, too. She's my constant companion. We're a lot alike, we pretty much like to be left alone and we're both content with our lives. She sure sheds, though. Not a good thing for my usually black wardrobe. I can understand why the ancient Egyptians considered cats gods and why other civilizations considered them to have mysterious and mystical powers. I think it's their itensity; what ever they do, from sleeping to eating to sitting and staring out a window, they put all they have into it. Cats are most Zen like in that way. I think they've found the one in all things. I feel bad that she has spent most of her life confined to the house, I wish we lived where she could go out and safely explore the world. I hope she doesn't hold it against me. I almost lost her once to an encounter with a car and don't want to go through that again, nor put her through that again, either. She seems happy enough, I hope she really is.
Well, friends, I'm going to go have something to eat and a beer or two. Maybe it will make the cramp in my leg go away.
later.

pearls before swine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home