12.23.2005

all done...

with wrapping of presents. all done with running around. just have to pick up some things to put in the stockings for Sheba the Hound from Heck and Tiger the Cat in the morning. Stop by Foodtown to wish my friends behind the deli counter a merry one, then off to the annual Christmas Eve movie with my daughters. What started out as a way to distract our oldest daughter and get her tired on Christmas Eve when she was three has turned into one of those "can't miss" events. I've taken the girls to the movies every Christmas Eve for twenty one years. We've gone from Disney classics to dramas, to science fiction to what have you, over the years. It doesn't matter what we go see, it's a chance to just spend some fun time with them. I look forward to it every year with the same anticipation I looked forward to Christmas when I was a kid.
Even though Christmas has taken on a secular meaning for me over the years, as I've moved away from the Christian aspects of the day, it's still a thrilling event. It's a time to put away the cares, the differences and the troubles of one's life and wallow in the love and fellowship that the season demands. And, in the spirit of the day, it really is all in the giving. That being said, I would like to thank all of my friends, and I consider all of you my friends, that take a few minutes out of your lives now and then to visit this crazy blog. To my fellow Jersey bloggers, a lot of whom I've actually had a chance to meet, thanks for your fellowship and respect. To those of you who I will probably never get a chance to meet, other than through your comments or by visiting your own blogs, thanks for your kind words, thanks for your debates and most of all, thanks for allowing me into your worlds. I've been graced with the chance to interact with good people from all over this little world of ours and all over this great country and it means a lot to me. Again, thank you.
I hope that, in whatever manner you celebrate this special time of the rolling year, that you find yourself among friends and those you love. And, to those far away from home, who serve the great cause of freedom and liberty, a special thank you.
I'm going to take a few days off and enjoy these days of love and kinship, so I'll catch you later. May you all be as blessed as I am.
Peace.
Gregor
pearls before swine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home