7.17.2006

hot, hot, hot...

and I'm not talking about that awful song by Buster Poindexter... hell of a time to decide to get rid of our pool. I may even consider dressing in something other than black for work tomorrow. My office isn't bad, but the air conditioner in my Buick decided to go four-up on me. Yes, I drive a Buick. It's red. It has four doors. And whitewalls. And a little luggage rack on the trunk deck. Go figure, huh? Anyway, it is really effen hot for New Jersey this time of year. It usually doesn't hover in the high nineties until August. My gardens are sucking up water like a sponge and everything still looks wilty. Even the plants in the shade gardens have a forlorn look about them. The only things that look somewhat happy are the cattails and tussock grass in the bog, but if this keeps up I'm afraid it will start drying out and I'll have to set a soaker hose out there to keep everything alive. I hope this breaks soon, I still have roof work to do and I need to get it done soon, or I can't move forward on the bathroom renovation. It is completely demolished right now, I've seen better looking bathrooms in back road gas stations. Anyway, I'm just rambling, I think I delirious from the heat. The only place I'm wandering tonight is around the comfortably air conditioned halls of Stately Sad Old Goth Manor.
Have a good one, stay cool.
Fare thee well.

wander with me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home