10.01.2006

weekend update...

well, I managed to get the bathroom roof done and it got a good test last night during a few good downpours. No evidence of the little, drippy leaks that have been plaguing us, so I guess I can move forward with the damned bathroom renovation.
I also bit the bullet and bought myself a truck; a 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 - it's used, but it's in primo condition, super low miles, well kept. All power in the cab, a full bed liner and a super cap on the back that will help with the gas mileage. Metallic silver with a black and grey interior. No excuse now for not being able to pick up building materials, huh? I'm keeping my Buick for the time being, until I see how the gas prices go and get a handle on the truck's mileage, as I commute about a hundred and twenty miles round trip to work five days a week. Besides, it's tough to give up that nice Buick ride on that long haul.
Ok, now I'm really going to go outside and have a jar and a smoke and commune with the beautiful moon.
Be well, fellow wanderers. Fare thee well.

wander with me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home