1.06.2008

Christmas...

now sits in the upstairs hallway. Boxed and bundled and bagged and tagged, awaiting the solemn journey into the attic. It gets harder to give it up each year as I get older. I'm wont to wonder if I will see another one. Not that I'm morbid, well, any more morbid than usual, but since I'm well past the half century mark, it seems to be something I think about more often then I did when I was younger. I don't feel so immortal anymore, which, in it's way, does help me appreciate the day to day things a bit more, although it does concentrate the mind a bit...
It was a beautiful day here in New Jersey, in the low fifties and mostly sunny. I spent a little while sitting at the picnic table out back, enjoying the warmth of the sun, which I helped warm me with a Tequila Sunrise. The coming week promises to be even warmer, so I'm looking forward to taking up my lunchtime walks again. It's a wonderful thing.
As you may or may not know, I'm a bit of a stargazer. I ran across this great free software called Stellarium, which is a 3D representation of the night sky, which you can set to your exact location so you can see what's going on in the heavens right over your head. You can toggle the constellations on and off, see meteor showers, highlight specific planets and stars and get current information about them, lots of fun features. I ran it though my security software and it's clean and it works great on my PC, which is running XP Pro. You can also download for your Mac or Linux systems, if you want. You can find it HERE. It's great fun and a super learning tool, I recommend it for any halflings you might have running around your place with an interest in such things. Enjoy.
Well, I'm going to go get ready for dinner. Bacon cheeseburgers on the grill, with potato salad! Gotta take advantage of the warm weather, you know.
Enjoy your evening, my fellow wanderers. Fare thee well.

wander with me...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home