8.25.2008

Sunday project...

Since we're having company this week, which means that I had to drag most of the furniture back into the living room, I couldn't do any work on it... so I decided to take care of the area where we keep our garbage cans. It's hidden around a back corner of Stately Sad Old Goth Manor, where no one usually treads, except for the poor soul who's designated job it is to manage said garbage (me), but it's always been an eyesore and I was itchy to play with power tools anyway, so...



This is the mess I started with...



I have a mess of treated 4 x 4's left over from the decking around the long-gone pool, so I used some of them for framing and cut lap joints and dadoes so they'd for a good, stout base for the decking...



After I made all the cuts, I treated them with some wood preservative and while that was drying, made off to the lumber place for some cheap treated decking...



I dug out and leveled the area, added some blue stone and soil and tamped it down, then set the base on some bricks to keep is just up off the ground, leveled it once more, then started putting the decking down, using coated decking screws and 20 penny nails for spacers...



and, now a nice looking place to store the garbage cans...



Yeah, I know, the house needs to be painted. I also have to replace the two shingles that mysteriously fell apart during the construction process...
And here's my reward for a job well done...





wander with me...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home