7.01.2009

too many books...



there are now fifty seven running feet of book shelves circling the upper stratosphere of the living room... and there's still hundreds of books with no place to go. we loaded them up last night and ended up culling three boxes of books that we're going to offer to friends and family at our July 4 party, there are still boxes of books upstairs we haven't even looked into yet, not to mention the boxes of tomes stashed in the attic... I can see expanding the shelving into the dining room when I remodel that again next year. or maybe a shelf in the reading nook off the kitchen. or maybe set into the upstairs wall facing you when you are coming down the center staircase. or maybe we just need to get rid of more books. we haven't even thought about the vinyl, cd's, dvd's and vhs tapes, not to mention the hundreds of bound and slip cased magazines...
I set aside my collection of antique books about New Jersey, my collection of Battle of Monmouth books and my NJ history books, which will be taking up residence in the bookcase over the mantle along with my collection of Molly Pitcher memorabilia, so those thirty or so books don't even figure into the equation. Nor do any of my building, wood working or tool books. Or my model railroading and train books...
by the time we went to bed late last night, the living room looked like a second hand book shop after a 4.8 temblor... I guess we'll finish sorting it out tonight.
So, the Mac is still sitting in the box in the dining room, maybe I'll get to that by the weekend, so further reports will be sketchy at best. Be well, have a great 4th and remember, please, why we celebrate on that particular day, and what those great men did and the risks they took to form this great republic. Would that some today might have the balls they did to stand up to the tyranny we now face...



go ahead, make your day...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home