10.10.2009

meh...




I have so much to do this weekend and no desire to even attempt to look like I'm trying to accomplish anything constructive...
It's going to be a drizzly day, and Mrs. SOG is going to be out most of the day and night, so it really is a good time to pick away at the little things that need to be taken care of, but I just don't feel like it. I have no idea why, I just have no motivation at all. Part of it is that I feel slighted, I admit. I mean, the damned Nobel Committee seems to be tossing medals out to anyone these days, like the throws meted out by King Bacchus at Mardi Gras. (Did Obama have to flash his boobs? Or Michelle? Maybe they gave it to him so she wouldn't). Why can't I have one? I must have accomplished something in my almost fifty six years of life that merits one of their nice shiny trinkets. Oh, well.
Time to wander down the road to the post office and the recycling place and the hardware store. I've given up my usual trek to The Big Orange Box in favor of paying three times as much for things in the local hardware store again. They don't have the selection of things that I like to browse through, but they usually have what I need, they're friendly, they're helpful and they have a hot little cashier who just loves to chat about all things hardware related. (That sort of sounds a little dirty, doesn't it?). Maybe just one more cup of coffee...



go ahead, make your day...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home