1.28.2010

Tiger The Cat...



I have a really big cat shaped hole in my heart right now. I had to bring Tiger The Cat to the vet tonight and the best thing they could do for her was put her out of her pain. She was failing over the last few weeks, and had recently stopped eating and drinking and when I was driving home tonight, my wife, Cathy, called me to say she found her lying on the floor, and she was in pain and not breathing well. When I got home she was pretty much gone. I wrapped her up in my old sweater that she always slept on, in her chair in our little breakfast nook and took her out to my truck. I held her all the way to the vet's place and she was pretty much unresponsive by the time we got there. The young lady vet told me she wouldn't have made it through the night, so I had to make that heart rending decision, once again. I held her face in my hands and talked to her while she passed.
She was one of the most gentle and loving creatures that ever walked this earth. She was just a kitten I could hold in the palm of my hand when I found her while tearing down an old shed on my property. We took her in and she was my cat. She slept on me every night, woke me up every morning. When I'd sit in the kitchen breakfast nook, which is really a plant room now, in an our old chair to watch NASCAR races on Sunday, she would curl up in my lap and sleep, or eat some of what ever I was eating. She could be a pest. She scratched the heck out of our old woodwork, but she got over doing that. She always got excited when we took out the Christmas decorations, especially when she saw her stocking, she remembered what it was and that there were always good things in it for her. She was my good friend for almost nineteen years and I miss her so much already. I don't know what I'm going to do without her, but time will pass and she will be a part of me the rest of my life.
I'm going to bury her tomorrow, right next to our old Lab, Sheba, under the maple tree on the side of our house. She loved to lay in the sun and she will have sun every day it shines.
I don't know what happens when we die. I try not to think about it too much. I've always believed that something is beyond this mortal coil, and, if so, I guess I'll have the chance to see Tiger and Sheba once again. I hope so.
If you have any pets, give them a big hug for me tonight.
Thanks.
Gregor







go ahead, make your day...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home