2.19.2010

50.01



Just a story...

California bathroom story...


You were pissed off at me because I tracked sand through your apartment.
You yelled at me through your bathroom door.
I stood there in the almost dark thinking that I’d never been in a bathroom before that didn’t have a window.
The smell from the burning wax of a candle mixed with the scent of your soaps and reminded me of a place that I once was, a long time ago. Only no one was yelling at me then.
When I was finished, I got the broom and dustpan from your kitchen closet and cleaned up the sand in your hallway. I threw the sand out the kitchen window.
“That was easy", I thought. "I can remove all traces of myself with just a broom.”
I found you sitting outside at the top of the front stairs, smoking a cigarette and nursing the last bit of beer from a bottle. The brown of the bottle was the same color as your sweater.
“I cleaned up your hallway. I have to go now, it’s getting late.”
You were gazing up at the darkening sky and said,
“It looks like it’s going to rain”.
When I got to the bottom of the stairs you yelled to me,
“It’s a new broom. How do you like it?”
“It’s a nice broom. I like the blue handle.”
“Are you coming by tomorrow?”
“I guess so.”
“Good. I’ll sweep up the sand tomorrow.”
“OK. I’ll bring my broom.”
“Sure…”
“Yep. See you.”
“Bye.”





spew accordingly below...


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous majorfactor said...

Is this how cabin fever starts ☺

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home