5.17.2010

Musical Monday...


Where does the weekend go? It seems like I barely make it through the work week and so look forward to that Friday night ride home, then the weekend vanishes in a whirl of yard work and errands, then, poof! It's gone. I guess that's what happens this time of the year, there's always something to do. Not like during the cold months, when I can settle into my comfy chair in the dark, put on some music and relax with something that cheers and inebriates and get lost in my thoughts as the rhythms carry me away...
Last week I was delving into the music of the East and as I started moving back in this direction, I was thinking about some of the great African musicians I've encountered over the years like Aleke Kanonu, Ayub Ogada, Fela Kuti and the astoundingly moving performer from Senegal, Youssou N'Dour. His CD, "The Lion" has been a staple in my house for many years. I first encountered him when he toured with Peter Gabriel in 1985, during the "So" tour. His singing gives me the chills... he carries the soul of Africa in every note. So, I hope you enjoy this beautiful performance of "In Your Eyes", featuring Youssou and Peter, and off to the left there, you can catch a glimpse of the great Tony Levin on bass...



Click the "Musical Monday" logo to go to Diane's place and see who else is joining in on the fun.


spew accordingly below...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Gothguy said...

One of my favs!!!!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Gothguy said...

Love the duster Tony was rockin' with!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

I shall have to come back and listen tomorrow when no one is trying to sleep. LOL. But I so agree - where does the weekend go? I could swear it was just Friday afternoon and now it's nearly the end of Monday. *sigh*

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home