3.25.2011

oh, no, no, no...

I haven't gone four-up or bagged blogging. I've just been on an extended break, partially brought on by the overbearing weight of the winter just passed, a good bout of disillusionment and general malaise. Too long did I tarry in the dark realms of hate and anger brought about by delving much too deeply into the current state of the Union, over which I really have no immediate control, so I decided it was time to shuck myself of that mantle of woe and get back into living my life and, basically, fuck 'em all until 2012.
I've grown a little long of tooth to keep putting aside those things that I need to do to keep myself happy and sane and, considering that I'm staring down the throat of mortality, I intend to keep myself occupied with the things and the people that make me happy and whole and the rest of the lot can go pound salt...
We're within pissing distance of being absolved of all debt with the exception of the balance of our mortgage. Well before this time next year, that will be the case, which will make a thorough re-evaluation of our lifestyle and needs something that has some reality to it. Over the next year, we will be making plans to use our property to raise a goodly amount of the food we consume, at least the vegetable, fruit and egg part of it. Over the next few months I will be making a catalog of everything that I've accumulated over the past thirty years or so and putting it all up for bid. By a really rough and realistic estimate, I can probably finance the construction of my long awaited wood working shop, chicken coop and an expanded raised bed gardening venture. Along with a limited number of berry bushes and moderate yield fruit trees, we can preserve enough to feed ourselves a good part of the year with minimal work and worry.
I'm also eagerly awaiting the arrival of our first grandchild, something that has a very concentrating effect on one's mind.
So, that's what's been going on. Good stuff. Sane stuff. Real stuff.
Gotta go play with the cat for a while. Have a pleasant eve, my fellow wanderers.
Fare thee well.

Gregor


8 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Paul said...

Very good & sane things here ... all helpful to build oneself up. Excellent!

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good plan.

AWM

11:00 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Welcome to a happier time! You have pretty much described my philosophy of dealing with world affairs. There's enough crap I "can" do things about for me to lapse into total despair over things I can't do anything to change.

Sounds like you've got some terrific plans. I hope you get your woodworking shop up and going. I can see you making some fantastic stuff.

And congrats on the upcoming grandchild! That's wonderful.

4:01 PM  
Blogger joated said...

As the others have said, it sounds like you've got a plan. Wish I could say the same.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Thud said...

Good to have you back, we by chance seem to be travelling along the same path except I'm awaiting a little un of my own.

6:41 PM  
Blogger ach said...

OH...OH THE BEST,.. That's wonderful.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bingley said...

More Goth Spawn! Congrats, my friend!

7:11 AM  
Blogger BobG said...

Good to hear from you again. Try to keep us apprised of your progress; I was getting worried about you for a while there.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home