1.31.2010

31...



well, I ran out of music before I ran out of booze last night. We had a little snow, too, last night, just a coating, but it made everything look pretty. After it cleared out, around midnight, the just past full moon made it all the more beautiful. I needed some enforced beauty, the past few days have not been very good. I'm waking up every ten minutes during the night, thinking that Tiger the cat is there, curled up next to me. This is damned hard. Without thinking, I turned down the pet food aisle in the grocery store this morning and it was so strange, like I was in some foreign land, nothing made any sense and I just stood there, wondering what I was doing there. I'm sorry about keeping on about this, but Tiger was very special to me... I'm very lost right now. It's going to be a long while before I find any closure in this. There was a bond there that transcended the usual with a pet, which she really was not. It's very hard to let go...
In other news, I'm going to spend the next few weeks investigating some places where I can publish books on demand. I'm going to sit down, go through the piles of stories and poetry I've written over the past thirty years or so years, and put something together. I don't know what direction it's going to take, I don't know what era of my writings it will be gleaned from, but it will be interesting, to me at least, to re-read all that stuff and see what I come up with. I went through some stages in my writings over the years, influenced by many other writers, like Richard Brautigan, Dylan Thomas, Burroughs, Frost and others, and I developed a style that is comfortable and easy, which I guess, on one hand, is a good thing, but on the other, it removes some of the edge. I guess I'll find out when it hits the New York Times Top Ten list, huh?
I am planning on including my photography, so you'll have some pictures to look at while reading it, if you so deign. I was thinking of doing the printing and binding myself, I still may, depending on the cost of the short run printing. Something to think about. Idle hands and all that...
Well, I have to go stick the meat thermometer in the meatloaf that's been going in the oven, and start steaming the veggies and put together a salad for dinner. I have some fresh baked onion rolls to go with it, and some wonderful, ripe and very moldy blue cheese.
Have a wonderful evening, my fellow wanderers. Fare thee well.




go ahead, make your day...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home