2.04.2010

35...



I'm waiting for this to come in the mail...



It's a cobalt glass and pewter aroma therapy pendant that I ordered from Lady Hawk's Treasures... It's intended purpose is to hold aromatic oils, but it's going to be holding all of Tiger The CatsĀ® fur that I spent two hours picking out of my ratty old sweater that she always slept on. I'm going to wear it constantly, so she's not only in my heart, but next to it all the time, too. Yeah, I know, you're thinking that I've really gone over the edge, but not really. She was as close to me as anyone else in my life that I cherish, maybe even a bit closer, and I need to do this. We had a very special bond, something that I can't explain, or would want to, if I could. It will bring me some peace.

In other news, it's supposed to snow like a bitch starting tomorrow afternoon. I'm prepared; Snow shovel and push broom are in the laundry room; My surf fishing waders are at the ready; I'm been taking extra potassium tablets to help ward off the leg cramps from shoveling... I stopped at the grocery store on the way home tonight and bought a bunch of staple items and some fun food for the Super Bowl on Sunday, a six pack of Anchor Steam beer and a six pack of Long Trail Oatmeal Stout. And an extra pack of smokes. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

So, on that note, I'm going to go finish that bottle of wine I opened last night, settle in and read for an hour or two, then off to the land of Nod.
All I ask, my fellow wanderers, is to bear with me while I get over this Tiger thing... I promise not to be a drag about it.
Have a wonderful evening. Fare thee well...






spew accordingly below...


Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Love the pendant. I think it's perfect. Don't worry about "getting over" the loss of your beloved Tiger. You will hurt less as time goes on, but pets who have left us always leave a hole in our hearts.

We lost our dog Sam several years ago (I don't keep count) we still miss her. But even though dogs and cats don't stay with us nearly long enough, I would not have missed having her be part of our family for anything.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

i too love the idea of the pendant. i have a box with all my old kitty's whiskers and nails i'd find around the house. i love looking at them.

12:05 AM  
Blogger LeeAnn said...

I had the most gorgeous bit of silverwork pendant years ago, open scrolling sort of tiny box that held a small chunk of amber resin so the smell was heavenly every time I wore it.
My mom kept a bit of her favorite passed-on cat in a tiny plastic bag in her purse for years.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

I think Tiger would like you wearing "her" sweater. I know it hurts now, and with time it will hurt less, but you'll always have her in your heart and miss her. I lost my Hobie 3 years ago last month, and I still think of her often and catch myself listening to the soft pitter-pat of her paws on the carpet, or running up the stairs like a wild cat, LOL! I know in my heart she's in a better place, and I suspect some of her spirit still lingers around my home.

You're in my thoughts, "sad old goth". :) *HUGS*

10:05 AM  
Blogger joated said...

Take the words of the tortoise to heart: Slow and steady wins the race. That can apply to overcoming the hurt you feel from losing your long time companion (i.e. Tiger) and dealing with the snow you're going to be getting tonight and tomorrow.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Macebobo said...

What a flipping cool idea for the pendent, maybe my wife will fell better about this than the idea that when my boy of 11 years so far passes, that I wanted to have him stuffed. He is the best damn cat I have ever had and want to enjoy his company as long as I can. Thanks for the inspiration Gregor - got to go now - my face is leaking for some reason!

8:11 PM  
Anonymous dogette said...

Gregor, I don't think its over the top, FWIW. Who's to say? I'm so attached to my dog it's unreal, emotionally. She's the only sane "person" I know.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G. I understand your connection to your cat. You can google up the distance between Dell City, Tx. and Utopia, Tx., the walk my old Siamese cat Gypsy made back in the early 70s. She was with my parents where they were combining grain. They thought she was killed or died out there and had to move back home to Utopia. Seven months later, she showed up at home. That is crossing multiple obstacles, the most daunting of which would be the Pecos River. Mother buried her near their house and she has a slab of petrified wood for her grave marker. She was a convalescence gift when I was a kid, having almost died from amoebic dysentery after swiming in a stagnant water tank.

Appropriate name, "Gypsy." I still miss her sitting on my lap and sleeping beside me on my bed.

Semper Feline

12:00 AM  
Blogger larissa said...

The pendant is beautiful. It's perfectly natural to want to keep a part of someone you loved close to your heart.
I have my little dog's skull in a bell jar on the dining table - I talk to her everyday.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home